Friday, December 08, 2006

James Kim

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of James Kim. His tragic death trying to save his family has had a surprising influence on me. Normally you hear about a story like this and by the time 24 hrs has passed it is already forgotten and old news. Strangely enough I personally felt a connection to the man that only the Internet can bring. These "Internet Stars" or personalities are only a click away everyday. For those "Tech Geeks" like myself, we generally check certain websites daily. One of my favorite websites is cnet.com where James Kim was a senior editor. I check this website daily for the latest reviews and technology news, and that is where I first read about his disappearance almost 2 weeks ago. Daily I have watched this guy through online videos, read his work, and even emailed him on occasion for. To think that he passed away in frigid weather in the Oregon woods searching for help for his family really strikes a cord with me and makes me grateful for everything that I have.

Here is to life and the memory of James Kim....................................................

No comments: